Grant and Scholarship Programs
Homer Foundation Immediate Response Grants Program
Grant requests up to $2,500 are accepted year-round with a thirty day response time.
- Homer Foundation Quick Response Grant Form 2019
- Homer Foundation Quick Response Grant Evaluation Form 2019
City of Homer Grants Program
The City of Homer grants program provides funding to many Homer nonprofits who provide essential and enriching programs to the community. The Homer Foundation administers the program as well as manages an endowment fund for the city.
The Homer Foundation administers several scholarships for students in the greater Homer area.
- Alan and Daniel Rieser Scholarship
- Alice Witte Memorial Volleyball Scholarship
- Bill and Liz Johnson Teacher Education Scholarship
- Diane Wambach “Shoot for the Stars” Scholarship
- Drew Scalzi Memorial Maritime Scholarship
- Fish and Wildlife Scholarship
- Health Care Providers Scholarship
- Homer Community Science Scholarship
- Nikki Geragotelis (Fry) Memorial Scholarship
- Kachemak Bay Medical Scholarship
- The Beluga Tail/Tale Writing Scholarship
- Ptarmigan Arts Visual Arts Scholarship
Other Grant Programs
The Homer Foundation has the ability to provide short-term, no-interest loans to nonprofits experiencing closure due to natural disaster or unforeseen events. Contact Homer Foundation for more information.
YAC (HF Youth Advisory Committee) Grants Program
The Foundation’s Youth Advisory Committee administers its own grants program for youth-related issues. Contact the Homer Foundation for current guidelines and focus area.
Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) grants not available at this time.
Educator’s Professional Development Scholarship
The Educators Professional Development Fund was established by local area educators and community members. The purpose of the fund is to provide support to public school educators seeking to expand their knowledge/teaching ability/obtain continuing education credits. Funds may be used for, but not limited to:
- class tuition/workshops/conferences
- books, equipment and/or supplies for professional development purposes
- transportation and/or accommodations for professional development
- bringing in guest speakers/presenters for educators
Educator’s Professional Development grants not available at this time.