Grant and Scholarship Programs
Homer Foundation Quick Response Grants Program
Grant requests up to $2,500 are accepted year-round with a thirty day response time.
The Homer Foundation administers several scholarships for students in the greater Homer area. For more information about these individual scholarships, visit our page here.
2020 Scholarship Application due April 9th, 2020.
- Alan and Daniel Rieser Scholarship
- Alice Witte Memorial Volleyball Scholarship
- Bill and Liz Johnson Teacher Education Scholarship
- Drew Scalzi Memorial Maritime Scholarship
- Fish and Wildlife Scholarship
- Health Care Providers Scholarship
- Heather Pancratz Memorial Scholarship
- Homer Community Science Scholarship
- Nikki Geragotelis (Fry) Memorial Scholarship
- Nursing Studies Scholarship
- Kachemak Medical Group Scholarship
- The Beluga Tail/Tale Writing Scholarship
- Ptarmigan Arts Visual Arts Scholarship
- Sutton James Miller Memorial Scholarship
City of Homer Grants Program
The City of Homer grants program provides funding to many Homer nonprofits who provide essential and enriching programs to the community. The Homer Foundation administers the program as well as manages an endowment fund for the city.
2020 Grant Application is due Friday, February 14, 2020
Other Grant Programs
The Homer Foundation has the ability to provide short-term, no-interest loans to nonprofits experiencing closure due to natural disaster or unforeseen events. Contact Homer Foundation for more information.
Educators Professional Development Scholarship
The Educators Professional Development Fund was established by local area educators and community members. The purpose of the fund is to provide support to public school educators seeking to expand their knowledge/teaching ability/obtain continuing education credits. Funds may be used for, but not limited to:
- class tuition/workshops/conferences
- books, equipment and/or supplies for professional development purposes
- transportation and/or accommodations for professional development
- bringing in guest speakers/presenters for educators
Educators Professional Development Grant Program will open again in Fall 2020.
YAC (HF Youth Advisory Committee) Grants Program
The Foundation’s Youth Advisory Committee administers its own grants program for youth-related issues. Contact the Homer Foundation for current guidelines and focus area.
Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) grants process has begun accepting letters of intent. Go to this page for more information.