The Homer Foundation’s Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) announces their new grant application process. YAC is a committee of the Homer Foundation, and is comprised of the members of the National Junior Honor Society at Homer Middle School. YAC’s mission is to promote philanthropy and improve the quality of life for the youth of our community.
YAC is soliciting letters of intent from non-profit organizations that promote fun, healthy, and educational activities for youth in Homer. This year the funding priority will be for programs taking place in summer 2019. If your organization would like to apply for a grant, we invite you to submit a letter of intent not to exceed 2 pages. The letter should include the following:
- The name of your organization
- Tax exempt status
- The name, phone number, and e-mail address of the contact person
- A description of how your organization would use the YAC grant
- The project’s total cost and how much you are asking from YAC
- How your project is intended to benefit youth in Homer
- The beginning and ending dates of your summer program/project
All applicants will receive a response letter. Only selected organizations will be contacted by YAC representatives to complete the review process which may include a scheduled site visit. Final determinations will be made by April 30th. Awards shall range from $200 -$2,000. For more information, contact Joy Steward at 235-0541, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receipt Deadline: Wednesday, March 6 by 5pm.
Mail: Homer Foundation Deliver: lower level, Kachemak Bay Title
PO Box 2600 3733 Ben Walters Lane
Homer, AK 99603 Homer, AK 99603