The Homer Foundation, a small but growing community foundation, is seeking its first ever Development and Marketing Director. The Homer Foundation is located “at the end of the road” in Homer, AK and on the shores of Cook Inlet and Kachemak Bay. The large service area includes several unique communities and rural areas. Because community foundations have a broad mission, this is your chance to make a difference in all areas of a community. This 0.8 FTE flexible position will work in all aspects of development and marketing for the Foundation. The position reports to the executive director and works collaboratively with other foundation staff and the Development Committee. The position supports day-to-day operations of Homer Foundation while focusing on brand awareness, relationship-building, fund-raising, and leading effective communication.
Examples of duties include:
- Provide exemplary donor relationship and recognition.
- Provide donor-focused administrative coordination to the Board and Executive Director, including setting up donor meetings.
- Effective and regular use of donor database to track and cultivate donors and prospects.
- Conduct new donor research and solicitation.
- Track fundraising metrics for the Executive Director, Development Committee and Board.
- Gather information to be used to engage donors and to perform pertinent outreach activities.
- Manage and grow relationships with individual, corporate, business and prospective donors, including, when appropriate, direct solicitation.
- Support grant proposal development and reporting as appropriate.
- Execute the Foundation’s mail and electronic fund-raising plan.
- Working as a part of a team to plan, develop, and implement Homer Foundation’s annual Halibut Cove Live and other fundraising events including promotions.
- As a team, develop and implement an annual plan based on a multi-year Development Strategy; track and report progress using specific metrics.
- Develop stories about donors and grant impact to use to tell the foundation’s story.
- Create cost effective, professional media to promote the work of the foundation.
- Draft written communications, including print and online newsletters, annual report, press releases, outreach material, and fundraising material.
- Develop and manage the Foundation’s social media program.
- Represent the Foundation in the community and promote public understanding of the Foundation including public speaking engagements.
- Organize and manage donor/community outreach events such as the Annual Meeting, Annual Picnic and other fund raising events.
- Develop new outreach ideas to touch new markets in the Foundation’s service area.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with area businesses and organizations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to be collaborative
- Passion and commitment to nonprofit service
- Have demonstrated skill with office technology including, PCs, Outlook, Office, Word Press, video editing software, etc.
- Ability to maintain and establish relationships across a broad spectrum of personalities.
- Ability to think ahead, propose new ideas, be willing to adapt, and be proactive with addressing challenges or changing priorities.
- Successful experience working in a small office group.
- Excellent and creative verbal, writing, storytelling, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, have great attention to detail and superb organizational skills.
A well-qualified candidate will possess a four-year degree in communications, marketing, nonprofit management or a related field and 2 years in a related position; a two-year degree in communication, marketing, nonprofit management or a related field and 3 plus years of related experience; or other education and experience that provides the skills to succeed in the position.
Benefits: PTO, 6 paid holidays, flexible work days, employee giving program
Starting Salary: $29.00 Per hour for a 1664 hour year
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or
Homer Foundation PO Box 2600 Homer, AK 99603
The recruitment is open until filled.
Full position description can be found here.