The Homer Foundation COVID-19 Response Committee has made the following grants as of April 28th, 2020.
- Anchor Point Senior Center, $2,200
- Homer Senior Center, $2,500
- Anchor Point Community Food Pantry, $2,500
- South Peninsula Haven House, $2,500
- Homer Farmers Market, $2,500
- Cook Inlet Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse, $2,500
- Homer Community Food Pantry, $600
Agencies can apply more than once for grants from the COVID-19 Response Fund. The award amount of up to $2,500 was designed to allow for flexibility from the Foundation to meet changing community needs. This is a pass-through fund and all donations will be awarded to community non-profits. Click here for more information on this fund.
In addition, the foundation has made the following Quick Response grants, from our other funds, to answer to organizations with other needs heightened by the pandemic
- Bunnell Street Arts Center, $2,500
- Pratt Museum, $3,750
- Friends of the Homer Public Library, $2,100
- Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies, $500
Our Quick Response Grant program is our main grant program with no deadline for applications and has not been changed by the COVID-19 pandemic. We have an active committee, comprised of board and community members, who meet as needed to respond to grant requests.