Application Receipt Deadlines for these scholarships are mid-April. See current year applications for exact deadlines.
- Alan and Daniel Rieser Scholarship
For students with an aptitude for foreign language/culture, may be used for tuition or travel. Funded by the Tin Roof Fund.
- Beluga Tail/Tale
Nonfiction and creative writing scholarships funded by the Tin Roof Fund.
- Bill and Liz Johnson Teacher Education Fund
Supports high school graduates going into teaching.
- Drew Scalzi Memorial Maritime Scholarship Fund
Supports students of fishing families or training / post-secondary education for Homer area graduates going into maritime related fields.
- Diane Wambach – “Shoot for the Stars” Scholarship Fund
Supports training or post-secondary education for high school graduates, (or equivalent) who have the desire to “shoot for the stars.”
- Health Care Providers Scholarship
Supports post-secondary education in the health care fields.
- Homer Community Science Scholarship
Supports Homer High School graduating seniors continuing their education in the life sciences.
- Kachemak Bay Medical Clinic Scholarship
Supports academic excellence and strong work ethic.
- Nikki Geragotelis (Fry) Memorial Scholarship
For students who have participated in high school sports and demonstrated sportsmanship qualities.
- Ptarmigan Arts Visual Arts Scholarship
A visual art scholarship available to Homer area students in grades 9 through 12. Artists associated with the Ptarmigan Arts Gallery will provide review of applications that can cover college tuition, workshops, art supplies, etc.
- Thor’s Scholarship – not available at this time
These scholarships have their own application deadlines:
- Alice Witte Memorial Scholarship
Sends a Homer High School girl’s volleyball player to camp based on recommendations of coaching staff.
- Constance M. Benston Music Scholarship
For secondary vocal and instrumental music. The selection and award process will be administered by the Homer Council on the Arts as part of its annual Summer Youth Art Scholarship program.